Who We Are
Procurement has been transforming itself from the humble beginning starting 1 July 2008.
- Phase 1 ‐ New procurement guidelines (IOM 11 May 2009)
- Phase 2 ‐ Consolidated strategic sourcing between SBU/Opcos and UMWC (for common items), commenced in 2009 and ongoing throughout
- Phase 3a ‐ Governance ‐ Tender Committee structure, as recommender (IOM dated 28 March 2011)
- Phase 3b ‐ Governance ‐ Tender Committee structure, as approver (IOM dated 26 Feb 2013)
- Phase 4 ‐ Centralized procurement at UMWC (IOM dated 24 Aug and 30 Sept 2011)
- Phase 5 ‐ Procurement automation IOMs
- 26 Apr 2016 ‐ Electronic PO, centralized PO
- 12 July 2016 ‐ Centralized electronic supplier database
- 14 Nov 2016 ‐ Electronic bidding
- Phase 6 ‐ Vendor Management (IOM 10 Dec 2014 and 15 Jun 2015 ‐ Supplier Registration Guidelines)
- Phase 7 ‐ Bumiputera Agenda Commenced in 2014 (BVDP ‐ approved by UBAC on 17 Mar 2014) Coordinator and manager of BA in focus areas of Human Capital, Supply chain anchor company, VDP and Procurement
- Phase 8 Pre-contract Verification (IOM 16 May 2016)
These journey have set the foundation for the biggest transformation of all: the recognition of procurement’s potential to add value to the bottom line.
Provides effective procurement services that ensures value creation through centralised and strategic sourcing while emphasizing strengthening the competencies and skills of workforce that can lead to positive organizational outcomes.
- Profit improvements/cost reduction
- Maximize utilization of systems ‐ Purchase automation (i.e.PR to PO); electronic sourcing evaluation (i.e. D-Sight) and sourcing records database (i.e. Data Tracking)
- Development of selected Bumiputera vendors to be competitive companies that can progressively transform to become large scale companies that can be independent of UMW contracts/jobs.
- Providing fairer opportunities to smaller and newer suppliers through introduction of sub-categorization.
- Having skilled procurement staff with good competencies and professional certification.