At ARA Time Travel & Tours, we take your privacy seriously. We are committed to complying with all data protection/privacy laws which are applicable to us.
In the course of providing you with the Services or access to the Platform (as defined in the General Terms And Conditions), we will be collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing data, including your personal data.
Cookies are files that are stored on visitors’ computers and can store information about visitors’ preferences and other information. When you return to a website, the cookie is used to enhanced your visit in order to ease your booking experience.
The personal data we collect from you
Personal data means any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
During the course of your use of the Platform and the provision of the Services, we may collect personal data from you, which includes but is not limited to:
- Identity data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth.
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers.
- Payment card data, such as credit card or debit card information details.
- Rental data, such information regarding the vehicle or equipment rented and it’s operation during your rental.
- Technical data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Platform.
- Profile data, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage data, such as information on how you use the Platform, products and Services or view any content on the Platform.
- Location data, such as when you capture and share your location with us in the form of photographs or videos and upload such content to the Platform.
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
You must only submit personal data which is accurate and not misleading personal data you have provided to us. We shall have the right to request for documentation to verify the personal data provided by you as part of our customer verification processes.
Use and disclosure of personal data
The personal data we collect from you or via third parties may be used by us, or shared with or transferred to third parties (including related companies, third party service providers and their service providers and related companies, third party sellers, and companies located both inside and outside your home country), for certain purposes, which include but are not limited to the following :
- To facilitate your use of the services or access to the Platform, including responding to your queries or feedback;
- To process orders you submit through the Platform;
- Payments that you made through the Platform for products;
- To deliver the vehicle you have booked through the Platform. We may pass your personal information on to a third party in order to make delivery of the vehicle to you (for example your name and contact number to our delivery agent);
- To comply with our contractual and other legal obligations;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information you provide is accurate;
- To administer your account (if any) with us;
- To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- To improve the layout or content of the pages of the Platform and customise them for users;
- To identify visitors on the Platform;
- To carry out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour;
- To provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- To quickly process your transactions;
- To provide information to companies and other entities which provide ancillary services including insurance, security, repairs and maintenance and charging facilities;
- In exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
Personal information disclosure for marketing
We might use and disclose your personal information to provide you with information on offers, products and services offered by us or our business associates.
Withdrawal of consent to continued use, disclosure and / or processing of personal data
You may communicate the withdrawal of your consent to the continued use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data including personal data relating to others who may be identified from that personal data for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time, by contacting our Data Protection Officer through the page.
Please note that if you communicate your withdrawal of your consent to our use, disclosure or processing of your personal data for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, we may not be in a position to continue to provide the Services to you or perform on any contract we have with you, and we will not be liable in the event that we do not continue to provide the Services to, or perform our contract with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.